Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walking to the Mailbox (and prayer without ceasing) Tip #2

In the time it takes me to walk from my back steps to the mailbox, I have just enough time (if I walk slowly) to pray one Our Father and one Hail Mary. And of course, unless I pick up the pace on the return trip, I can pray another Our Father and Hail Mary on my way back.

This walk is a particularly wonderful opportunity for prayer. If the weather is miserable, I can offer that up along with my petition. If the day is splendid, my heart just naturally drinks in God's creation, and the experience elicits an almost spontaneous expression of praise and thanksgiving to go along with my petition.


In any case, the walk to and from the mailbox gives me one more chance to pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17).


Tip #2 - pray while you pick up the mail

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment