Monday, August 10, 2009

Atypical Morning

I was up before the sun today. Alarm set for 5:45, but I didn't even wait for the alarm. Awake at 5:30, coffee in hand five minutes later.

This used to be my usual routine. There was a day when every morning went like this. But that has been quite awhile.


Today, I'm attending a workshop in the Archdiocese of St. Louis - for Catholic education. It begins with 9:00 Mass. So, no time to chit chat.


I am not sure what the day will bring. I have no idea who the speakers will be. I don't know the topics of the seminars. For some reason, the registration information didn't arrive when it was supposed to. Mix-up with the mail, or something.


But I know that it begins with Mass. And that always brings joy.


Jesus said He would be with us always - even on atypical mornings when we get up before the sun, drive in rush hour traffic for an hour and a half, and walk the front steps of a church we have never entered.


Because, as long as it is a Catholic Church, we will encounter the Eucharist. And that is good. That is worth the drive.


Okay, back to coffee.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment