Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blessed Feast of St. John Vianney

Today, we celebrate the feast day of St. John Vianney. While there is nothing unusual about feast days (which come up on a daily basis), this one is a biggie.

St. John Vianney is at the center of our celebration of the Year for Priests. Today marks the 150th anniversary of this saint's death. That's a pretty big deal.


And so, it's a good day to pray for your priest, with special petitions offered to St. John Vianney.


It's also a good day to consider how you might honor your parish priest in a special way.


I bake bread. It's a little thing, but it's something I do rather well. Today, I am taking that talent up a notch and making iced cinnamon rolls for the parish office - in honor of my priest and St. John Vianney.


Maybe you have a little gift like that. Something that says thank you and I'm thinking about you today.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment