Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Night is upon us, and I haven't yet paused to mention that it is Our Lady's day. I have thought of it many times today, stopped what I was doing for a moment or two, and thanked the Blessed Mother - Our Queen Mother - for all the graces she has deposited in my life.

I know she is our advocate, that she goes to her Son, the King of Kings, on our behalf.

This Woman is only human and not divine, and yet. . .

She goes to her Son, like King Solomon's mother did, and tells Him what we need - as she did so long ago at the Wedding in Cana. My Son, they have no wine. My son, they need a special touch, more grace, mercies beyond measure, faith, hope, love. Whatever we lack, she gently speaks of our needs to her Son.

Queen of saints.
Queen of apostles.
Queen of angels.
Queen of heaven and earth.

And Mother of all who call upon her to intercede.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment