Monday, August 24, 2009

I Love It When That Happens!

I was cleaning out my email inbox earlier today. (I'm ashamed to say that my backlog of emails goes all the way back to 2006.) I decided I had to sort and delete-or-save as many emails as possible. My inbox was getting ridiculously cluttered with old news. I came across one email and decided it needed an action outside of delete-or-save.

It required a follow-up.

I wrote an I'm-thinking-of-you-today reply to Mary (even though I was certain that she would be shocked to hear from me since she wrote me LAST JANUARY). I was wondering how things had turned out for Mary. Last January, when I sent her two books that helped me on my journey back home, she was in a "stuck" place, not sure if she was going to keep going all the way to Easter Vigil. She sent me a note of thanks for the two books, and that was our last communication.

Today's email let her know I still care. No matter what she decided to do.

Mary wrote back to say that she entered the Church at Easter Vigil 2009 and it has brought great joy. As so often happens, her journey has impacted those around her. With grace and time, perhaps many more lives will be changed. Her note brought tears to my eyes.

I have a special place in my heart for Mary. She is a preacher's daughter - like me. And I know from experience that the journey home for preacher's kids is a very complicated one. But, His grace is sufficient. . .

Thank you, Lord, for taking care of Mary. One more sojourner - now Catholic by Grace.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment