- I fed my family,
- returned a dvd to the library and paid the overdue fee that mounts over two weeks' time,
- talked with my older daughter about infant baptism and explained the scriptural basis for it,
- prayed that she would have my grandson baptized when he is born,
- helped with my younger daughter's volleyball practice,
- got the mail and found a letter from my high school friend who's been AWOL for a couple of years,
- thanked God that she was okay and not mad about anything (so I can stop trying to figure out what I did wrong),
- got word that my father-in-law is going home from the hospital a week and a half early,
- praised God because that means the chemotherapy is working,
- daydreamed about a short story I'd like to write, but probably won't get around to it before the idea pops out of my head,
- cleaned up dog puke,
- washed laundry,
- and that's just the stuff I remember.
Overall, it was a very good day.
I pray that my day's efforts won't be in vain. That something in this day will matter in light of eternity. That I didn't just get through a day with a lot of things checked off my to-do list.
I pray that I was a good steward with the day God gave me.
Because, really, nothing else matters.