Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mary!


Tomorrow, we celebrate the birth of the Blessed Virgin. A number of years ago, the Peoria diocesan paper ran my article on the Immaculate Conception. One reader - John - wrote to thank me for the article. John told me that he and his wife love the Blessed Mother very much, and they celebrate Our Lady's birthday each year - and if I was ever in Peoria, Illinois, on September 8th, I had a standing invitation to share a meal with them at a local restaurant.


Since then, I think of the Riedells every September 8th. What a wonderful tradition. Maybe you would like to make this a family tradition at your house. You don't need to go out to eat. You could just make a cake and have a dinner at home in her honor. Sing Happy Birthday. The kids will love it.


Happy Birthday, Blessed Mother!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment