Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When My Children Are Hurting




There is little difference in how my heart responds. Whether my adult children are hurting or my young daughter needs me, I feel a compelling desire to answer the call.




Everything in me says, "Go to them."




My heart beats faster. My adrenaline surges. And all I know is a child of mine is hurting.




Flesh of my flesh - is calling to me.




And so it is with the Blessed Mother. We belong to her. Through the participation in Holy Communion, we literally become flesh of her own Flesh and Blood, Jesus Christ.




We cry out to her, and everything in her says, "Go to them."




Her immaculate heart beats faster. She knows just one thing: one of her children is hurting.




And so, with great confidence, we turn to her and pray the Memorare.


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment