Monday, July 27, 2009

From the Rising of the Sun

This morning I sat down at my computer to post today's Novena, and I looked out the window. A little sparrow was sitting on the edge of the gutters along the garage, his little face turned fully into the rising sun.

Immediately, I had the thought, from the rising of the sun until the setting of the same, the Lord's name is to be praised.


And then, what a wonderful thought, I said to myself and turned my attention back to the computer.


And then another thought came to me. The Lord just called you to praise Him. And you are congratulating yourself as though the thought were your own. No. The Holy Spirit put this thought into your spirit. So now, maybe you should take the time to praise Him and not merely think "what a great idea".


And so, I did.


His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. . . Let all that hath breath, praise the Lord.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment