Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Visitor Tracker

On January 29, I added a visitor tracker to the blog. I'm fascinated by the thing. When I go to the map, I can see how many people have stopped by for a visit - and which countries they are from.

I realized that it is a very small glimpse into a very real mark of the Church. We say that the Church is the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. And we know that the word catholic means She is everywhere. She is universal.

If I had named the blog after any other Christian faith community, I don't think there would be so many people from so many countries interested in stopping by. Visitors come because they identify themselves as Catholic. Mother Church is everywhere; so her little ones are everywhere.

She isn't American-made. She isn't German-made. She isn't British-made. She is Christ's Church and she really did go into all the world.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment