Friday, February 6, 2009

My Adoration Hour(s) This Morning

Friday mornings, I get out of bed and head to the Adoration Chapel for my two hours alone with Our Lord. I usually really am alone with Jesus because there aren't too many people who like to stop by the chapel between three and five in the morning. That's fine with me. I pray a little, read a little, just stare into the Most Blessed Sacrament a little.

I don't have a real plan for the time I spend there. I'd like to share with you what Our Lord shared with me this morning:

Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed. [The disciples] pursued him . . . He told them, "Let us go on to the nearby villages that I may preach there also. For this purpose have I come" Mark 1:35-38 (NAB).

It made me smile. This is one reason I drag myself out of bed and go every week. I'm pursuing him, before the dawn, in his quiet place. And he sometimes lets me in on what he's up to - and once in awhile, I even get a glimpse into the part he wants me to play in this Great Plan.

But even when there are no revelations or deep contemplations, I always leave knowing that I have encountered the Living God. It's worth "rising very early before the dawn" to be with this one I love.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment