Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Writing in the Heart of Bread Company

I'm at Panera Bread (St. Louis Bread Company), writing as usual. There's a guy getting some marriage counseling at one o'clock. Some women doing a Bible study at five o'clock. And others are chatting about life and love and family from a more secular perspective.

Everyone is breaking bread. Sharing and caring. Listening. Helping.

It's a good place to be -- if you're working on a book about life and God. I spend my days hunting for metaphors to help me understand God better and encourage others to grapple with the spiritual and figurative along with me. And right here, not ten feet away, there's a living, breathing metaphor.

Let us break bread together. You and me. And pray that God will show up in the middle of our meal.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment