Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Probably Just a Coincidence, but. . .


I have watched the soap opera "Guiding Light" on-and-off for decades. I don't even want to know how many hours I have frittered away watching this drivel. So, two or three years ago, I decided I was done. For awhile, I thought about the show every day around 2:00 (when it aired in my time zone). I felt like vegging in front of the television, but I managed to find something better to do with my time. Eventually, I stopped thinking about the show.


Imagine my surprise when I heard the news that this show had been cancelled. I am not saying my little sacrifice had anything to do with it, but obviously, the network was forced to cancel the show because people like me stopped tuning in.

Perhaps there is something God is prodding you to give up. Our habits do affect society, for better or worse.



NEW YORK (CNN) -- "Guiding Light" will go dark in September after 72 years and 16,000 episodes, CBS announced Wednesday.

Gina Tognoni is one of many performers who have appeared on "Guiding Light" over the years.

The daytime soap opera's declining viewership led to the decision, according to a CBS spokeswoman.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment