Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do You Pray the Rosary?




The Rosary is one of those odd new things that converts approach tentatively. Really, it doesn't fit neatly into our schema. We aren't even sure if it will make a difference. We just start praying it because so many Catholics tell us it is a powerful prayer.


We pick up the unfamiliar beads with its five decades. We hold it in our right hand and the booklet that explains how to get started in our left hand. And we give it a try.

It reminds me of David. Little David, that is, not King David. The boy who picked up five little stones and brought down a giant with them.

That is the Rosary. Five little decades, and a power so strong it can bring down the Goliath in your world.

Do I pray the Rosary? Probably not nearly enough. But I'll tell you this, those Catholics are right. My husband is Catholic today because I gave him to Our Lady and picked up a Rosary.

In fact, I put each member of my family on each of the five decades of the Rosary. Since doing that, two of the five have entered the Church.

Do you have five people on your heart? Give them to Our Lady and pick up your Rosary!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment