Monday, January 10, 2011

This is the day that the Lord has made!


Faithful Catholics have kept the light
burning for over 2,000 years
so that we could find our way home.
Good Morning, friends! Well, the day has arrived. Tonight, I will be on the Journey Home, and my journey into the Catholic Church will come full circle. God used this apostolate to guide me when I needed it the most, and I pray that my story will be a help to someone else. If you are visiting the blog because you saw the program, know that I have prayed for you. Be strong in the Lord. He is faithful to complete the work that He began in you. And there is joy, more joy than you will be able to hold in.

Let the crux of the matter be this: strive to move forward on the spiritual path. . . it simply is not possible that a soul who has come this far would stop growing. Love is never idle. . . (St. Teresa of Avila The Interior Life 149-150)

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. I am so touched by your conversion story.I just finished reading,"Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor" by Allen Hunt, who made the same journey as you have.I am a cradle Catholic and your lovely writing and your faith thrills my soul and makes me once again glad to be in the Mother Church.Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very moved by your conversion story tonight, especially your petition to Mary and how it was answered. I have a question if you don't mind. I see you wrote here on your blog that it was a miracle that your husband (a life time Baptist converted) and yet your inlaws are Catholic. Why was your husband Baptist?

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise. I just watched you tell the story of your conversion on Journey Home. When you spoke of your stumbling on the Catholic doctrine of Immaculate Conception, I was caught for a moment without breath. I thought for sure that your RCIA instructor would say that it might take time to fully appreciate this teaching. I'm sure there are many practicing Catholics that would say that they are not in full agreement with it. And many more that don't even realize what the Church's teaching is on this subject.

    And I was also struck because I had just written a blog post earlier today on the Immaculate Conception. What I left unsaid in that blog post is that this is a teaching that tests our faith. It is not an easy teaching in part because there is no way for anyone to either prove or disprove this teaching. This teaching stands on faith alone. It is either revealed through the Holy Spirit to the Church, or the Church has failed to interpret God's message correctly.

    Even if one could go back and revisit Mary's life, there is no way to detect the presence or not of Mary's Immaculate Conception. Where reason fails, faith must take over. But this is really a small test of faith compared to the many personal tests that we experience in a lifetime.

    You can find my blog post here:
    "I am the Immaculate Conception"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! Thanks for your question following the Journey Home show. My husband was raised Baptist. His mom passed away when he was 13. John tried to remain Baptist, though he stopped going to church in high school and college. He went back after the OKC bombing. It sort of made him want to return to some faith practice. His father was agnostic. So no faith influence after his mother died. Now we get to your question. His dad remarried and her family is Catholic. Incidentally, his father's only brother converted a few years ago. So we keep hoping his dad will one day as well. Thanks for such a great question. Grace just keeps showing up.

    ReplyDelete