Sunday, January 2, 2011

Grasping or Giving in 2011

I haven't made any New Year's resolutions yet. No big or lofty plans. But I can't help wondering what I will be doing this year. I've learned from years past that I might be doing pretty much the same thing by the end of the year as I did at the beginning.

Or, I might be doing something so different by the close of the year that I couldn't possibly foresee it on day one or day two of the new year.

Maybe I'm learning.

I've spent so much time and effort grasping for things. Boyfriends. Degrees. Babies. Husbands. Publications. Inspirations. Readers.

An infant God teaches us something very different. The Plan is already set. And it isn't fulfilled in grasping for anything.

It is fulfilled when we are poured out. It is fulfilled when we give everything. Like Mary. Like Jesus.

A libation.

A gift of self to the King of kings.

Blessed Epiphany Sunday!

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. May we always strive to imitate Him and His mother in their selfless giving of all that is Good to us, their children. 'Poured out' I like that. I'm a grasper too.

    Let us open our hands and hearts so that He can fill them with ... Himself.

    Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete