Thursday, April 22, 2010

So Much to Think About

I just found out that Fr. Caffe (Archdiocese of STL-Immaculate Conception) passed away yesterday. So strange for me. I'm a convert. And I'm just beginning to wade in the deeper waters of understanding the Sacrament of Confession.

How odd that my last Confession was with Fr. Caffe. The last time I heard the words of Absolution were when those sweet words fell from his lips. And now, he is in the arms of God.

The one who was given the authority to bind and to loose - he chose "to loose" - and now, he is before the Throne of Grace.

I wonder if he is standing with God and talking about my weakness - that sin that I brought to him. I wonder if he is asking for more grace - if he is already interceding from that vantage point on the other side of the veil - for me and for all those souls that he has loosed. All because of the authority he was given.

This priest. In the Year of Priests. Who listened and nodded and said, "I absolve you." And I wept, because I knew that the one beside me who said the words was saying them in the place of Our Lord.

And now, he stands in His Presence.


That's powerful stuff for a convert.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment