Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catholics, Pass the Salt!

What's the best way to share your faith in the social media? Sprinkle it in - use it like you do the salt shaker.

You don't want to unload the whole container all at once. A touch here. A touch there.

At least once a month (or once a week if you are a heavy blogger, Facebooker, or tweeter), throw in something about your faith. Post a saint's quote. Mention something about the Church calendar. Tell your friends that it's your Saint's day.

Come on, Catholics, pass the salt around!


You are the Salt of the Earth
-Jesus Christ

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder about how to share the faith on FB. Sometimes when I am angry like with Stupak,health care, and abortion or with the way the media is irresponsibly reporting on the Pope I want to share every article I see showing the truth (which I don't). Then there is the other side of me who doesn't want to seem too heavy handed (I'm not a heavy handed type of person) and wonders if I should disucss politics and things of that nature at all. I think in general I do take the "sprinkle it in" approach.
    Sometimes I wonder what good FB is if not for sharing the faith but it occurs to me that just by being joyful on FB in general and taking an interest in others perhaps I am sharing the faith. Just like other types of witnessing.

    ReplyDelete