Friday, January 8, 2010

A European American - Of English, Irish, Scottish, German and French Descent

What country would you like to visit? As much fun as I'm having with the chance to return to the state of Iowa (as a convert to the Faith) and attend Mass where I spent my Protestant childhood . . . I have to say that it would be equally awesome to go to Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany and France one day and attend Mass in each of these countries. I would see it as a kind of pilgrimage - and a reparation - to visit my ancestral homelands and pray the Mass in each country. I am the only Catholic in my family tree. No kidding. Go back as far as you can . . . nary a Catholic among them.

I would like to enter a Catholic Church in each of these countries and pause before Our Eucharistic Lord Jesus to say, "I'm here . . . and from this moment on, I promise to do what I can do to restore unity to Your Body . . . and to do reparation for the sins against unity that occurred in my family tree."


Pray for Unity. . . that the world may know that the Father has sent the Son . . . John 17.

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you have a safe and blessed trip back "home"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer!

    Keep me in your prayers!

    :)

    ReplyDelete