Friday, January 15, 2010

Enough Narcissism - Today: Conversion "Take Two"

I'm tired of checking the live feed on my blog every hour to see who is stopping by for a visit.

I'm done with googling my name every day to see who ran one of my diocesan articles.

Today, the narcissistic faith ends. It's time to get on with conversion. It's time for Faith in Action . . .

Day One: I gathered up more clothes from my closet that I don't need, and I prepared a new collection for the poor. I've sent a resume to one social justice group and another to a women's religious order - not to be a religious (I'm happily married), but to work for them. I'm registered to take two classes with Paul VI Institute in St. Louis. I've offered to speak at some fundraisers if they need me. And I'm thinking about how to get busy living the faith. I'm ready. Enough talking about this faith-that-I-love. It's time to get moving. Yes, it's time for Conversion: Take Two

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Bought syrup and frosting today - and will add them to the items for this week's SVdP collection! Praying for Haiti - and gave to Sunday's CRS collection. Now, what's next? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you crochet? You could make baby hats for the pregnancy clinic in your area that helps women choose life for your babies... :) Oh, and btw, I do like to hear about how much you love the Catholic church -those stories and your thoughts are very inspiring as well! :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't crochet, but I did offer to work at the local live-in shelter for women who are choosing life. It is encouraging to know that the writing is inspiring too. There are so many hours in a day (and night) that there is enough time for inspiring words and inspiring acts. I have a renewed sense of happiness in the journey of giving in both ways. Nothing held back. Today, a drop off at the food pantry and an email to the local shelter for mothers . . . Now, what will tomorrow bring? Exciting.

    ReplyDelete