Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Saints Cheering Us On

So Great A Cloud of Witnesses!



Sometimes, when I think about eternity and what it is like to step from this life into the Life that never ends, I wonder what it is like - say - after a few hundred years or so. What does one do after that?

And then I think of Hebrews 12.

That's when I smile. The saints are cheering us on. Who is waving a bell and telling me that I can do it? St. Teresa of Avila. She's my biggest fan. "Run, sweetie, run!"

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us. (Hebrews 12:1 - a portion of the readings from today's Mass)

Who is cheering for you? Hebrews 12
 
Who is praying for you? Revelations 8:4
 
All glory to the One who sits on the Throne, who hears the prayers of the holy ones gathered there. Saints above, intercede for us all. And always, always cheer us onward in this journey of faith.
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment