Saturday, February 16, 2013

How Is Lent Going for You?

I'm still trying to sell things on ebay. I've listed five times. Only one has had any bidders at all.

Small yield, but it's a start.

I also gathered all of our change and redeemed it for dollars.

Far greater yield.

These are just my more creative approaches to Lent. I'll keep my serious ones to myself. But I like the idea of trying new things and throwing open the doors to new possibilities.

Each Lent should touch new places, clean out corners that haven't yet been cleaned.

Oh, and about that one item that has yielded my first ebay bid... I tossed it in the trash. I went back a few minutes later and retrieved it. That's when I decided to put it up on ebay.

Kind of like our souls on Ash Wednesday. Trashed. Only to be retrieved and sold to the highest bidder.

Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment