Thursday, April 28, 2011

St. Louis de Montfort - Today's His Feast Day!

True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis de Montfort was a spiritual culture shock. I think the only reason I was able to give St. Louis de Montfort the benefit of the doubt is because I knew that our beloved John Paul II had embraced this devotion.
The most difficult part was in learning how to say, “Mary, I give everything to you, and I trust that you will make it a good and perfect gift for your Son.” What, then, do I have to offer when I am called to stand before the Lord of all creation and give an accounting for my life? Will I be standing there empty-handed, I wondered.
But then I remembered the three Magi who offered their gifts of gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. I could see them in my mind, placing the gifts at Our Lady’s feet. They had no difficulty in believing that she would take those gifts and offer them to her Son at the right moment for the right purpose.
If the Magi could entrust their gifts to the mother of an infant king, then maybe I could entrust her with my gifts as well.  

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment