Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Google the Good News

From today's Old Testament Reading:



Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live. Fish will be very plentiful, for wherever the water goes it brings health, and life teems wherever the river flows. Along the river, on either bank, will grow every kind of fruit tree with leaves that never wither and fruit that never fails; they will bear new fruit every month, because this water comes from the sanctuary. And their fruit will be good to eat and the leaves medicinal. 
Isaiah 47

When I read this today, I thought of the passage: "Rivers of Living Water will flow from him." Not remembering where it was from, I googled it, and John 7 came up. There is a lot there, especially for those who "come to do His will." Those who live the Good News; those who speak the Good News-- the key to it all is forgetting one's self and doing/sharing only that which comes from the One who sent you.

Lord, keep me planted near this River, a tree that bears fruit, a living creature teeming with life. It's not about me. It's not about me. It's not ever about me.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: