Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Praying for the Conversion of a Soul


I'm praying for somebody. And I mean praying. This person doesn't know I'm praying for him, and if he did, he'd be shocked to know how radically, fervently, incessantly I am praying.


A few years back, a certain country song was on the radio. I think it was called "No one needs to know right now." Maybe you know it. The woman goes about making plans (in her head) for the relationship that she hopes will one day come to fruition. She's making mental wedding plans, and the young man doesn't even know she is bonkers over him.


Nobody, not even the young man, has any idea that she has her heart set on this relationship. And for now, she's okay with that.


Right now, my prayers are for the soul of one who has no idea that I am praying. And I'm okay with that. But everything I'm doing, everything I'm eating (or not eating), every tiny cross (or not so tiny cross) is going into this intercession. Nothing is left on the floor. Everything is offered up.


And like the woman on the radio, I'm sharing this with you. But no one (else) needs to know right now.


Especially him.


Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy. Amen

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I hope it is my brother Tom because I am praying for him too.

    ReplyDelete