Friday, March 13, 2009

Dad's Statement of Faith



I ran across one of my dad's college papers. It was titled "Statement of Faith." I find things like this fascinating. I sat and read all four pages, including the condescending red ink some professor had jotted down in the margin.


The paper was well written and seemed to cover all the basics, except of course the four marks of the Church, but then, the paper was written when Dad was in Wesleyan Bible College, long before Presbyterian seminary, not to mention that Dad never did enter the Catholic Church. (If you follow my blog, you know that I didn't even come into the Church until after my dad's death. . . when I stumbled upon the writings of St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila.)


At times like these, I am reminded all over again how blessed I am to have this Faith. I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Nobody is standing over me with a red pen. And yet, I don't have to worry that I might be way off base. Truly, I'm standing on terra firma.

It is good to be home.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment