Saturday, December 25, 2010

Midnight, he kneels before the manger

There are moments, tiny glimpses, when I see something like it's the first time I have seen it. Last night at Midnight Mass, that happened.

It is a powerful thing - seeing your parish priest in the beautiful vestments of this holy night - and then to see him kneel in that garment before a baby in a manger. In this kneeling priest, I see the wise men who were dressed in royal robes, kneeling. In this kneeling priest, I see the humble shepherds, kneeling.

And this morning, I opened up my Magnificat booklet and read:

No one, whether shepherd or wise man, can approach God here below except by kneeling before the manger at Bethlehem and adoring him hidden in the weakness of a new-born child.  (Catechism of the Catholic Church)
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: