Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's a Saturday in Ordinary Time

On Saturdays in Ordinary Time when there is no obligatory memorial, an optional memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary is allowed.



My Two Cents:
I'm a mother of four children ranging in ages from 12 to 27. When one of my children needs something, I would move heaven and earth, if I could, to help them. When their hearts are heavy, my heart is heavy. When they acheive something they have worked hard to acheive, I rejoice with them.

When they turn toward me, my heart expands, my eyes fill with tears, and I am ready to listen.

I love them with a mother's heart.

I know that I am not a perfect mother. But I know a mother who is perfect. She is the mother of the Redeemer. And she is the mother of the redeemed as well.

When we need something, she turns to her Son who can move heaven and earth to help us.

When our hearts are heavy, her heart is heavy, too.

When we acheive something that God has created us to acheive, she rejoices with us.

When we turn toward her, her Immaculate Heart expands, her eyes fill with tears, and she is ready to listen.

She loves us with a mother's heart.


Do you have something you want to share with your Mother?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment