Sunday, February 28, 2010

For A Big Maybe . . . let us pray to the Lord

So, I'm sitting in Mass today. I see this high school student who was in my 8th grade English class a couple of years ago. I'm surprised by how grown up he looks. Almost overnight, he has become an adult.

He's alone. Usually, he's with his family. But today, he sits by himself.


He follows along with every reading. He marks his forehead and lips and heart with a cross before the Gospel reading. He opens the book and finds each song - and actually sings. He genuflects at the end of the Mass.

He's wearing these glasses today, the kind of glasses that make him look like he came out of my father's era . . . early 1960s or something.

And I think just what I've always thought when I see this kid-who-isn't-a-kid-anymore: I wonder if he's being called to the priesthood. Maybe.

Today's Rosary is for him.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment