Saturday, January 31, 2009

Got A Favorite Quote From Archbishop Chaput?

I don't know if you're reading (or have read) the book Render Unto Caesar by Archbishop Charles J. Chaput of Denver. If so, you probably have a few favorite quotes of your own. My favorites are stacking up - and so I think I'll get one out there so that I don't burst from trying to keep it all in.

More to come, but here's one of my favorites:

"People who take God seriously will not remain silent about their faith. They will often disagree about doctrine or policy, but they won't be quiet. They can't be....Christian faith is always personal but never private....As a friend once said, it's like asking a married man to act single in public. He can certainly do that - but he won't stay married for long" (10).

What's your favorite quote?

P.S. Page 66 quotes Emperor Maurice in the year 590 A.D. Interesting, he refers to Our Lady as "the immaculate" (even that early in Church History). Anybody have an earlier reference to the Immaculate Conception? Would love to hear from you, too.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment