Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Appointments Confirmed. . .

It is one of my favorite titles. At baptism, I was appointed to this position. Years later, I went through the confirmation process. What is my title?

I am an ambassador for Christ.

Doesn't that sound fantastic? And there's a job description that goes with this title. St. Paul says that we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through us. . . . we implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God (II Corinthians 5:20).

As ambassadors, our number one mission is to call one another to reconciliation. You don't need a president to appoint you. You don't need elected officials to confirm you. God has already appointed you and confirmed you to this position. How cool is that?

You are an ambassador for Christ.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Its so important we remember that and make it a focal point in our lives.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete