Friday, March 22, 2013

Okay, God. I Got the Message.

I had a great day yesterday.

On the way into church for morning Mass, I ran into Maria. We were both free after Mass; so we decided to grab a bagel and chat awhile.

I told Maria that I had a dream that she had sent me a Facebook message. I told her the message in my dream. She looked at me strangely and said that she HAD sent me that message. It wasn't a dream.

The oddest conversation ensued, and I told her I must be getting senile. I thought it was a dream, and yet, here she was, telling me about the day she had written and sent the message. How an old message from me had popped up on her Facebook page, and she couldn't believe she hadn't seen it earlier. She was in a hurry, but she took a few minutes to dash off a note to me. She said, "Yes, that's what I wrote. It really happened, Denise."

I mentioned that I couldn't wait to get home and check Facebook. I had to look at the messages, because I was so confused.

Maria pulled out her phone and called up Facebook right then and there. She scanned messages.

Our Facebook message conversation wasn't there. That's when we realized that we had both had the same dream.

Here's the kicker. The message in the dream was about a play I had written for her over a year ago, and that we both felt it was time to get it up and running.

The play? A one-woman show, featuring a woman's encounter with the Blessed Mother.

We laughed about the dream.

We laughed at ourselves and the conversation we had just had.

And then we laughed because the whole thing is so very unlikely to begin with. It may not seem so odd to you. Maria is an actress, and I am a writer. Not odd at all. Right?

Unless you stop to realize that we are both converts. We are the most unlikely actress and writer to do a work like this.

But the Blessed Mother certainly has our attention now. If yesterday was any indication... things are about to get really interesting.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment