- Click on the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRcY9FQ6s0
- Preview the whole show OR simply view the recommended times. (The minute-segments are the PRECISE segments that I show to my classes.)
- Before the students view the suggested segments, pass out the following handout. You may cut and paste this handout and create your own document. The answers are given in italics. I recommend that you make one ANSWER KEY that contains the italicized answers and then delete the italicized answers and print a STUDENT COPY. Students will use their copies for note-taking while viewing the suggested segments.
I hope that your students enjoy these Journey Home episodes which have been distilled into a series of segments that will hold their interest while 1.)building up their understanding of the Catholic Faith and 2.)giving them a glimpse into the why&how stories of many converts. I will post another show and lesson plan in a couple of weeks. Love your Faith -- and give your middle school & high school students a reason to love it as well!
Journey Home Show
First Segment: 0:00-5:02 and 6:05-7:04
(Terms for discussion: “River Tiber” and “Protestant” & “Protest”)
Second Segment: 8:30-14:30 and 15:20-16:31 and 17:00-18:32
Final Segment: 19:14-22:05 and 24:46-26:30 and 30:22-35:43
(Concepts for discussion: “Early Church Fathers” and “Where did the Bible come from” and “Church definition of Scandal – CCC# 2284”)
*Bonus Segment on the Blessed Virgin Mary: 38:00-38:57
Total viewing time: approximately 24 minutes
Convert’s Name: Mike Carlton
1. What was this convert's early faith formation? (Answer in First Segment)
2. What event of thought process led to the beginning of the conversion process?. (Answers in Second Segment)