Monday, September 6, 2010

Faith Without Works is Dead

The Labor Day weekend is coming to a close. We were blessed to be with many family members this weekend.

For safety and for good fellowship, we thank and praise God.

Now, as I'm sitting in my living room, company gone, daughter off to bed, and husband showering and shutting things down for the night, I find myself praying for the grace to "get back at it all" tomorrow. The eating healthier. The daily Mass. The writing life. The mothering. The housecleaning.

While we need a break from it all, time to recuperate and regenerate, we also need to be ready to return to work.

Even if you're like me and you love what you do, it can sometimes be difficult to get back at it, giving it all we have to give it, fully-focused, and ready to shine in our little part of the world . . . once the parties are over and the goodbyes are said.

So, tonight, I pray for sufficient grace to get back at it tomorrow, without missing a beat.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment