Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holy Ghost Parish in Dubuque - Blessed Advent

This Advent, I plan to spend time each day praying for one parish (and her priest) from the state of Iowa. I no longer live in Iowa, but it is my childhood home. Since I cannot go to Iowa for Advent and Christmas, I will pray for special Iowa places from my Missouri home.


On this, the fifth day of the second week of Advent, I pray for Fr. Thomas Zinkula and Holy Ghost Parish. May those who are not Catholic - yet live near this parish - see the light of the Holy Ghost laity lived out in the community. And may the Holy Spirit bring about many conversions through their faithful witness, with that same divine breath that came upon a young Jewish girl in Nazareth.


Blessed fifth day of the second week.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment