Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blessed Fourth Sunday of Advent!

My Advent journey has taken me on a pilgrimage of memories - through the state of Iowa. I have spent each day praying for one Iowa parish and her priest each day.

And now, I come to the end of my Iowa memories.

So, these final days before Our Lord's Birth, I plan to pray for our Bishops. I am thankful for Apostolic Succession - and for the unique gifts it brings to Mother Church. Through 2000+ years, the Holy Spirit has inspired and empowered an unending line of Shepherds to guide the faithful and preserve the faith.

During this season of Advent - and especially during this Year for Priests - I encourage you to pray for the priests and parishes dear to you and also for the Shepherds of this Age.

Blessed Advent.

Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment