Wednesday, October 28, 2009

St. Jude, Patron Saint of Lost Causes, Help Me, I'm a Frazzled Woman

The day started with my daughter missing the bus. I drove her to school. Then I cleaned the dog's kennel, because the dog threw up in it. The kennel still smelled, so I put it outside. I was on a roll, so I decided to shampoo the carpet, too. But the carpet cleaner wouldn't work. So I took it apart (with a screwdriver and everything) and cleaned it. Put it back together. Finally, the machine worked. (Evidently, I put it together correctly.) I cleaned the carpet. Set up fans and opened the window to dry the carpet. Did the laundry. Got my daughter off the bus. Discovered that she'd worn her good shoes to school and got them dirty. I had a little fit. It wasn't pretty. Then, I took a deep breath and pan fried the pork chops and fed the family. Did the dishes. Headed off to 8th grade Confirmation class. The other helper couldn't make it. So I assisted the Deacon with the first half of class. He had to leave so he could teach the Safe Touch program to the younger grades. So I filled in. The 8th graders were terrific. Class ended. I picked up my daughter from her class. Drove home. . .

. . . and my husband had apple crumble baking just for me!

Thank God for husbands who love their busy - and sometimes grouchy - wives!
St. Jude, pray for me, because it's been one of those days.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment