Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Washing Machine Troubles

I hadn't factored it into my day. Today was supposed to be the day I got a haircut and made a grocery run. I thought I would run a few errands - like dropping a few items off at the dry cleaners - in order to wrap up my to-do list for the trip I'll be making to EWTN.

And then, the washing machine leaked water. Twenty-bathroom-towels-worth-of-water.

I don't think I handled it perfectly, but I'm getting better at this offer-it-up thing. So I said a prayer: Lord, help somebody today who is struggling with sin and wants to be clean all over again... but they are trying all kinds of broken-fixes. Help them to turn to you through the Sacrament of Confession.

As for me? The repair guy has come and gone. I'm still testing the machine to see if it is water-tight. I'm praying for that too - and for the grace to accept the "budget setback" if we have to buy a new machine. Lord, hear my prayers.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment