Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Lady of Mount Carmel - my favorite name for Mary

We have all these names for Jesus Christ. Lamb of God. Lion of Judah. Prince of Peace. King of Kings. Alpha and Omega. Light of the World. Ancient of Days. Immanuel.

Our Lord's mother has a few names as well.
I think my favorite name for Mary must be Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Recently, the Coming Home Network Int'l published my conversion story. It's not a new story to me. I lived it. And I write about it every month for diocesan papers. But I have rarely seen the whole story laid out from beginning to end.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel has her fingerprints all over the story.

July has always been my favorite month. It's my birthday month. It was my dad's birthday month. It was always marked by summer vacation and presents and lots of cake.

The most important day of July is right around the corner. It's not my birthday; it's not my father's birthday - although our lives were touched very deeply by the one we celebrate on July 16.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

She has ties to Elijah and Elisha.

To St. John of the Cross.

To St. Teresa of Avila.

To St. Therese.


And she used all of them to bring me home.


July 16. It's almost here!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Most Blessed Mother, Lady of Mount Carmel, embrace your children in Peru. Thank you for your graces. St. Dominic, pray for us. St. Rose of Lima, pray for us. San Martin de Porres, ruega por nosotros. Glory be to The Father, to The Son and to The Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, as it is now and it ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

    ReplyDelete