Sunday, February 6, 2011

When My Daughter Visits with my Two Grandbabies

When my daughter visits with a one-year-old and a two-month-old, I get next-to-nothing done. The computer sits on the office desk, quiet. The light on the motherboard is off. The keyboard - unattended.

I'm playing with babies and cooking and washing and drying and grabbing a nap when I can get it. Everything gets turned upside-down.

And I realize that it is one more season in life in which to practice my Catholic Faith.

I used to wonder how anyone could really "pray without ceasing" - life is too busy for that.

But I didn't realize that the busy life is prayer.


He's still there, and I'm talking to Him more than ever. Jesus...help this child to grow into a deep love for you. Jesus...help me to be the grandma he needs. Jesus...help my grown children and my tiny grandchildren to see You when they see me.

The busy life... is prayer.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment